Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Decending Custer Peak, SD

After being on the road for 2 months and traveling over 5000 miles we were feeling a bit road weary. It was good to take a couple days to ourselves.

We camped two nights in the Black Hills of South Dakota. The campground was very noisy, so Howie and I decided to spend our only afternoon there hiking a trail up Custer Peak. Not knowing how long the trail was and not having any food with us, we never made it all the way to the top. Instead, we took our time and found many adventures along the way.

A butterfly posed for us

Huge animal prints in the mud


A beautiful granite rock
We stepped up on a stump and I said to Howie, "Wither thou goest, I will go. Where thou lodgest, I will lodge. Your people will be my people, and your God, my God. Where you die, there will I die also." He said to me, "You are flesh of my flesh and bone of my bone, taken from my side. Therefore I call you woman. My woman."

Commitment Stump

With that we hopped off the tree stump and lite down the hill. Just rounding the corner we found a beautiful blessing. There curled into the brush was a baby fawn.

It smiled and wiggled its nose as we took it's picture.

It was a beautiful day in the Black Hills.

1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful post from my Debbie!! This is such an awesome account of how the Lord bonds you and Howie so closely in your Road Trippin' ministry. I am so sorry I couldn't make the send-off tonight. Now I have a home computer and can regularly read your blog and keep in touch!!! Much, much love in Christ, Anna

    ReplyDelete