Monday, April 1, 2013

The Process of Design

It is very intriguing to observe how the creative process unfolds.  An idea will be born that consists of a design and  fabric. Once that begins to materialize it buds forth into something more exciting than first imagined. The end result is always far greater than anything I first imagined.

Today my is machine buzzing away securing miles of ruching to the neckline, sleeve hem and sending it cascading down the front of the gown.  My Singer sits at a south facing window where I have a view over the roofs and activity below. As spring comes forth, I look up from my work and see the jonquils open. The wind whips through the still barren trees as if shaking them awake to spring forth their greenery. Then I notice the long cry of a red tailed hawk. "Tseeeeeeaarr" it sings, over and over. It found a draft and spirals heavenward. 

Right now I am like that hawk. I am connected to my work, my world, my spirit.

I love the process of design.





No comments:

Post a Comment